Using Your Reciprocal Membership Benefits
Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium has reciprocal agreements with zoos, aquariums and museums nationwide and in Canada and Mexico. These agreements allow Mote Members free or discounted admission to other facilities.
We now have reciprocal agreements with more than 100 other Zoos, Aquariums and Museums!
Using Your Reciprocal Benefits: A Few Tips
- During the year there may be changes to the list of participating organizations. It is suggested that you call the institution BEFORE visiting to confirm their participation in reciprocation. Please consult our website list for the most updated information.
- The number of visitors admitted with your Mote Membership may vary depending on the organization.
- Please make sure you have a current membership card with you when you visit other organizations.
- Please be prepared to show your photo ID when you arrive at your destination. It is your responsibility to make sure you have your membership card and ID with you to present at partner organizations.
- Mote Membership replacement cards can be obtained by contacting the Mote Membership Office at 941- 388-4441, ext. 392. Unfortunately, it can take up to two weeks for Mote to produce and mail replacement cards, so please keep this in mind when making plans to visit Mote's reciprocal partners. Click here to order a replacement card online now. Click here to renew your membership. Not yet a member? Join now!
- Reciprocal benefits apply only to general admission. Special events, parking, rides and other admission charges are generally not included in the program.
- The Most Important Tip: We do our best to keep our reciprocal list as accurate as possible. If you visit an organization on our list as a Reciprocal partner and you are not offered the indicated benefit after you have provided your current Mote Membership card and photo ID, then please ask to speak to the guest services manager on duty for further assistance. If you experience any difficulties at our partner institutions, please let our Membership Office know so that we can correct any errors.
Mote Marine Laboratory has been a leader in marine research since it was founded in 1955. Today, we incorporate public outreach as a key part of our mission. Mote is an independent nonprofit organization and has seven centers for marine research, the public Mote Aquarium and an Education Division specializing in public programs for all ages.