Ways to Give
IF WE COULD USE SAND DOLLARS TO FUND OUR RESEARCH, we'd be out scouring the beaches of the world from dawn to dusk. But since we can't, we look to you. As sure as the moon controls the tides, your contribution today to Sea Of Green, our on-going fund raising campaign, will help ensure the health of the world's waters tomorrow.
Donations made to Mote Marine Laboratory and Mote Aquarium provide support for vital scientific research projects and public educational programs and help us communicate our findings with the public.
"Mote Marine Laboratory needs your help now. Because of state and federal cutbacks, major increases in fuel and utility costs as well as difficult economic times, Mote's financial challenges have reached a serious level. I ask you to join me in supporting one of the few independent marine science centers in the country with your donations. The scientific benefits to Florida - and the world - will be immeasurable."
-Judy Graham, Trustee, Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium
You Can Help:
- Donate Today
- Leave a Legacy for Tomorrow
- Provide a Gift-in-Kind
- Donate Securities and Property
- Workplace Giving
Other Ways to Help:
- Adopt an Animal
- Memorial Gifts
- Buy a Brick
- Donate your boat, car, truck or RV to Mote
- Sponsor an Exhibit at Mote Aquarium
- In Sarasota, take your gently used goods to the Women's Exchange
- Grant a Wish
Donations sustain our ability to:
- Rehabilitate sick dolphins, whales and sea turtles
and return them to the wild
- Continue research programs looking for new ways
to cure cancer using sharks’ immune systems as a model
- Provide ongoing monitoring in the Gulf of Mexico for red tide, which will help us increase our ability to forecast and predict movements of red tide blooms
- Continue the Beach Conditions Report, a real-time report of conditions at Gulf Coast beaches from the Panhandle south to Collier County
- Support programs that bring real science to students
using hands-on activities
- Translate our scientific findings for the general public
through Mote Aquarium exhibits.
Mote Marine Laboratory has been a leader in marine research since it was founded in 1955. Today, we incorporate public outreach as a key part of our mission. Mote is an independent nonprofit organization and has seven centers for marine research, the public Mote Aquarium and an Education Division specializing in public programs for all ages.