Summer High School Volunteer Program
Mote Marine Laboratory offers a competitive high school volunteer program for those students who are interested in marine science and education. Students selected will have the opportunity to earn service hour credit required for high school graduation. These opportunities may include but are not limited to interpreting exhibits to guests, as well as working in the lobby or gift shop. Training will be provided for all positions.
- Entering the 9th - 12th grade (minimum age of 15 years old)
- Complete a one day training session on May 11 from 8:00am - 3:00pm.
- Provide transportation to and from Mote for at least one 4.5 hour volunteer shift per week
- Commit a minimum of 8 weeks to the program
- 2013 Summer High School Volunteer Program Application
- Complete the Summer High School Volunteer Program application and mail to:
SHSVP Volunteer Office
Mote Marine Laboratory
1600 Ken Thompson Parkway
Sarasota, FL 34236
- Students will be selected based on their application and interview.
- Applications are DUE FRIDAY, APRIL 19TH, 2013.
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance prior to April 30, 2013.
For questions contact Lisa Kinsella, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com
Mote Marine Laboratory has been a leader in marine research since it was founded in 1955. Today, we incorporate public outreach as a key part of our mission. Mote is an independent nonprofit organization and has seven centers for marine research, the public Mote Aquarium and an Education Division specializing in public programs for all ages.